Simple to use and packed full of features, the ToughPIX EXTREME, intrinsically safe digital camera captures high quality digital images safely in Zone 1 and Zone 2 hazardous (explosive) areas. Whether in daylight, low light or even total darkness the auto adjusting CMOS sensor coupled with best in class LED flash, ToughPIX EXTREME can capture the shot you need.
In addition to high quality still images, ToughPIX EXTREME can also capture movies. With a resolution of 1280×1024 running 5hz the only limit is the space available on the 8Gb intrinsically safe, removable memory card provided as standard with every camera.
Best-in-Class Image Quality
- 5MP image sensor, tuned to collect fine detail and colour, even in low light.
- Ultrabright LED flash, powered by a ATEX protected SuperCapacitor, ToughPIX EXTREME has the power to light up large areas in total darkness with complete confidence and safety,
- Dedicated “rating plate” mode, designed to adjust sensor settings to closeup shots of Ex rating plates
- Movie capable with a resolution of 1280×1024 @5Hz, enabling continuous capture of plant operations. So long as there is space on the Intrinsically Secure SD card, you can keep on shooting.
Intrinsically Safe, Intrinsically Secure
- Dedicated firmware, resistant to malware attacks common to unsecure apps. ToughPIX EXTREME runs dedicated firmware which is secured against third part application installations, protecting your plant and your asset integrity.
- Secure wifi hotspot for point to point image transfer. Adopting the “two-layer” security protocol, ToughPIX EXTREME does not allow direct connection of the camera to any network, protecting not only the exposure of your facility to uncontrolled image sharing, but also your hard-earned intellectual property from potential theft. With its Intrinsically Safe, Intrinsically Secure WiFi hotspot ToughPIX EXTREME can share its images with a single third-party device, even within the hazardous area, providing a level of security far surpassing constantly connected IoT devices.
- For added security, images can be downloaded in the safe area by removing the onboard Ex SD Card from the locked battery bay via a suitably authorised computer using the card reader provided.
- Manufactured from aircraft-grade aluminium with a certified Ingress Protection (IP) level 54 to En605209 means that ToughPIX EXTREME can withstand drop, shock, water and ice without letting you down.
- Glove-friendly button and joystick navigation enables positive selection of menus and sunlight clear LCD means you can always get your shot, day or nigh
Virtually Unlimited Runtime
- A removable, rechargeable battery pack means that you are not wasting time waiting for your camera to recharge, the only limitation on ToughPIX EXTREME runtime is the number of batteries available.
- With a best in class runtime of 8 hours, ToughPIX EXTREME can complete a full shift on a single charge.
- Fast, 90 minutes recharge time means that fresh batteries are never far away, keeping your camera up and running, reducing your return on investment.
Standard Image Capture Resolution
4Gb SD card
2000mAh Removable & Rechargeable Ex Power Battery