Deep Learning and Vision Systems
Deep Learning is an industry changing AI innovation based on identifying and analysing a series of images. Deep learning technology is used in advanced manufacturing practices for quality inspection and other judgment-based uses.
VisionID and Cognex Deep Learning is a set of vision systems and software leveraging the power of AI to increase yield, reduce waste, and improve product quality.
Machine Vision systems are crucial for quality assurance in manufacturing where they play an important role by scanning and identifying issues with parts.
Machine Vision systems extract vital information from an image from which they use to determine the suitability of a product or part. This information can be used to inform how other parts of the production line are programmed and ultimately improve productivity in the manufacturing plant.
- Increase throughput while optimizing quality.
- Eliminate errors and reduce costly rework.
- Maximize efficiency by reducing cost.
- Ensure traceability across the supply chain.
Cognex machine vision sensors, systems and software detect product defects, monitor production lines, guide assembly robots, and track, sort, and identify parts.
Machine Vision Applications:
- Safeguard packaging.
- Detect Wrong or Missing Items.
- Ensure label and code quality.
Deep Learning Applications:
- Locate parts and perform assembly verification.
- Detect unpredictable and variable defects.
- Read OCR codes under challenging conditions.
- Classify defects and parts for improved process control.
- Life Sciences
- Food and Beverage